Saturday, February 25, 2012

Budget Bytes

My friend and fellow Pinterest addict friend, Christina, sent me link to Budget Bytes. It's a great site with delicious recipes on the cheap, you should check it out. I've always been a big fan of Tex Mex flavoring. In Calgary, I could always find premixed seasoning but I've never been able to find it in Montreal. Luckily, I found a DIY Tex Mex recipe on Budget Bytes. I made a huge batch this morning. Admittedly, I probably botched it somewhere along the way since I was too wrapped up in Calendar Girls to really pay attention to what I was doing but it turned out yummy anyway. You can find the recipe here if you want to give it a try. I added 1/2 tsp garlic powder for a little extra somethin' somethin'.

Here are a couple recipes from the site that I'm going to try out this week. I'll update on how they went.

Honey Balsamic Carrots

Black Bean Quesadillas
Spicy Sausage & Broccoli Pasta


EDIT:
I couldn't keep myself off the food blogs today, especially Budget Bytes since I blogged about it earlier. Here are even more recipes I want to try!
Black Bean Burgers
Cumin Lime Chickpeas
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Pico De Gallo
Salsa Poached Eggs With Grits
Kale With Tomato And Feta
Sloppy Joes Plus
Spicy Coconut And Pumpkin Soup
Spicy Pickled Carrots
No-Knead Focaccia

No comments: