Monday, February 27, 2012

DIY Household Products

I keep coming across DIY household products and I thought it was about time I tried one out. My little apartment gets almost no ventilation (especially in the winter) so I decided to tryHomemade Fabreeze to freshen things up. I swayed a little from the instructions I found (I used 1/4 cup of fabric softener instead of an 1/8th) and I it works great. I spritz it around my place a couple times a week and it never leaves any stains or residue.

What you'll need:
- a spray bottle
- fabric softener (1/8th to a 1/4 cup)
- baking soda (1 tbsp)
- water

Put the fabric softener and baking soda in the spray bottle then fill the rest up with water. Give it a good shake and you're ready to go. The whole project cost me 3$ and I have enough for about 15 - 20 spray bottles worth. One spray bottle lasts me about a month. Not bad, eh?


Here are some more money saving, DIY recipes for household products:
Turn a bar of soap into liquid handsoap
DIY gel air fresheners
DIY Windex
Make your own dishwasher detergent
Make your own laundry soap
Homemade oxyclean
25 DIY cleaning recipes for the house

No comments: