Tuesday, February 28, 2012

To Do: Sewing Skirts

I can't wait for all the snow to melt and for the weather to warm up so I can go back to my regularly scheduled wardrobe of dresses and cardigans. Since I've made it my goal to learn something new and break out of my fashion rut, I decided what would be better than combining the two into a great project? I've wanted to learn to sew for a long time and flirted with the idea a few years ago but never got around to it. I'm thinking of taking classes since I really don't know where to start and jumping right in seems like a recipe for disaster (at least for me).

Here are a few tutorials I've had saved for awhile. I'd love to see these hanging in my closet!

Knit pencil skirt tutorial.
(Source: Suburbs Mama)



I would wear this skirt all the time.
I vow to make one in every color when I finally learn to sew!
(Source: Welcome to the gOOd life)


Can you believe she made this out of a rug?
(Source: A pair and a spare)


This skirt is so cute. I'm a sucker for anything with buttons and a scalloped edge.
(Source: nettevivante.blogspot.com)


No comments: